GREEN BAY, Wis. — The 56th annual Green Bay and De Pere Antiquarian Society Antique Show & Sale, which has become a Green Bay tradition, is taking place in the elegant setting of the Rock Garden Banquet and Conference Center in Green Bay, Wis., Nov. 16-17, 2012.
Twenty-eight vendors from around the Midwest and beyond have gathered, bringing a wide array of antiques and collectibles. From beautiful 19th century furniture in exquisite, original condition to a rainbow of Miriam Haskell jewelry to flocks of vintage decoys, wandering the show room floor was a feast for the eyes during the pre-Thanksgiving sale. Nearly every booth was set up to showcase the inventory to its best advantage, and overall the dealers are friendly and engaging.
The non-profit show is held each year to raise funds for the Antiquarian Society’s grant program, which supports regional historical museums and sites by providing grant monies for the preservation and restoration of cultural artifacts.
Show chairperson Maria Zehren says the Society has made a tradition of attracting dealers with high-quality merchandise and treating those dealers well. Benefits afforded the dealers include free food and soft drinks during set-up, hostess committee members giving dealers breaks from their booths so they can browse the show themselves, and even volunteers visiting each booth dispensing treats.
If you’re in the Green Bay area Saturday, Nov. 17, this is a show you won’t want to miss!
Antiques vendor list:
- Midwest Antique Gallery – Oshkosh, WI
- Indian Creek Antiques – Mukwonago, WI
- J & S Vintage – Green Bay, WI
- Weathervane Antiques – Marinette, WI
- Mary Lou’s Crystal and China Repair – Joliet, IL
- Yankee Collector – Harwood Heights, IL
- Victorian House Antiques- Hanover, WI
- Sunshine Treasures – Milwaukee, WI
- Simpler Thymes – Niagara, WI
- Barbara Stoy Antiques – Oshkosh, WI
- Wintergreen Farm – Fort Mill, South Carolina
- The Village Blacksmith – Madison, WI
- Vintage Jewelry – Green Bay, WI
- Blue Diamond Antiques – Dearborn, MI
- Weather Vane Antiques – Cedarburg, WI
- Kuenster Antiques – Eden Prairie,MN
- Collectors Paradise – Crivitz, WI
- Miss Muffets – Lisbon, WI
- Once Again Antiques – De Pere, WI
- Lyn’s Antiques, LLC – Eagle River, WI
- Haven Hill Antiques, LLC – Dousman, WI
- Carolina’s Once in a Blue Moon – Green Bay, WI
- Pierce Regal – Milwaukee, WI
- Time’s Treasures – Portage, WI
- Attic Treasurers – Wausau, WI
- At and Antiques – Ripon, WI
- Rosebrit Antiques and Collectibles – Green Bay, WI
- En Vogue – Willowbrook, IL
- John and Linda Welsch – Fond du Lac, WI