Own an antique or collectible?
Of course you do!
Want to know its value?
Come meet Antique Trader at Chicago’s largest antiques and collectibles
festival May 29-30! Every attendee to the Chicago Antique Market at the Randolph Street Market Festival will giving free antique appraisals at the inaugural Antique Trader Appraisal Fair. After shopping from aisles and aisles of more than 300 vendors inside and outside Chicago’s historic Plumbers Hall, regional and nationally-known antiques experts will answer your questions on family heirlooms and rare items from your collection.
Situated under the big top tent, every attendee is eligible for a free appraisal of an antique or collectible with additional appraisals (as time allows) available at $10 each. Appraisal fair hours are limited to 1 to 4 p.m., Saturday, May 29 and from 11 to 3 p.m., Sunday, May 30.
Among the experts scheduled to appear:
* Mark Moran, appraiser and senior editor of Warman’s Antiques & Collectibles 2011 Price Guide, 44th Edition antiques and collectibles books for Krause Publications and an appraiser for PBS’s “Antiques Roadshow.”
* Brett Benson owner of Jewel Sphinx Extraordinary Objects and Jewels
Among the unique “show within a show” features at the Chicago Antique Market include:
* The Indie Designer Market, the lower level of Plumber’s Hall, features the hottest young designers creating avant garde and one-of-a-kind fashion, art and jewelry.
* The Vinyl Swap Meet, where thousands of collectible records from 45’s to LP’s, jazz to rock and show tunes are availabel to buy, swap or sell.
* The Fancy Food Market, offering all types of chocolates, cakes, breads, spices, olive oils, salsa to bring home or enjoy during the event.
Chicago Antique Market at the Randolph Street Market Festival Saturday & Sunday, May 29-30, 2010
1350 Block W. Randolph Street & inside Plumbers Hall, 1340 W. Washington Street, Chicago.
Free pickup and drop off from Water Tower Place, 835 N Michigan Ave.
10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Saturday, May 29
10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Sunday, May 30
Antique Appraisal Fair Hours
1 to 4 p.m., Saturday, May 29
11 a.m. to 3 p.m., Sunday, May 30
$10, available at the gate or in advance online
-Posted by Eric Bradley
• Find us on Facebook HERE.
• Visit the Antique
Trader Web site HERE. Sign up for ourFREE
• Get more information on subscribing to Antique Trader HERE.
• Reference books available about your
favorite collectibles HERE
• Antique Trader message boards HERE.
• Browse the Antique Trader
Classifieds or place your FREE
online ads HERE.
• Enter the Antique Trader
Treasure Hunt Sweepstakes HERE.