The Circus Fans Association of America (CFA) will hold its 2008 convention on April 16-20, 2008 in Sarasota, Fla. The event will be at the Sarasota Cay Club, 7150 North Tamiami Trail (Route 41).
There will be a full schedule of events and activities each day. For more information on the convention, or to join the CFA, visit the website: www.circusfans.org.
The mission of the CAF is as follows:
• Education & Understanding – To provide educational resources related the circus. To promote an understanding and appreciation of the art of the circus.
• Communication – To be a point of contact between the people of the circus, artists or executives, and the outside world.
• Support – To help insure the Circus will continue to exist among us as a social, educational and recreational art form. Visit our Calendar page to view support events.
• Preservation – The National Circus Preservation Society (NCPS) is a 501(c)(3) not for profit organization affiliated with CFA. Its main goal is to develop, promote, and advance information and knowledge for a better understanding of the American Circus, and to preserve the circus as part of American history.
• Publishing – CFA has been publishing The White Tops, the official magazine of the CFA, since 1928.