>This article was originally published in Antique Trader
>>Get it delivered for just a $1 an issue!
FISHKILL, N.Y. – Louis J Dianni, LLC is presenting a two-day, 750-lot maritime and militaria-themed antiques auction at the Connecticut Convention Center in Hartford, Conn., Oct. 9-10. Day one, Oct. 9, offerings focus on marine art, nautical, naval history and Americana. Day two, Oct. 10, will carry historic arms and armor, political, Americana and Civil War items.
Estimates on the auction offerings will include all bidding levels, from $5 to $35,000. Of note are many examples of 19th century scrimshaw and several 19th century whale tools. A cut sheet iron weather vane in the form of a great white shark having the original directionals (with losses), mounted on a black base is expected to reach $500 to $800. There are also many examples of ship paintings, with original oil on canvases estimated to bring anywhere from $100 to $10,000.
The Oct. 10 offerings include a fine selection of hand-colored Native American lithographs, each of which is estimated to bring $400 to $800. A seldom-offered Native American Bear Dance mask dating to the first half of the 19th century, constructed of cloth with paint decoration to resemble a grizzly bear, is expected to sell for up to $10,000. Bidding will start at $2,000 for a large (sight: 43 inches by 30 inches), original Civil War recruitment broadside dated 1863; the broadside calls for enlistees to join the Massachusetts 2nd Regiment Heavy Artillery Co. under the command of Colonel Frankle. The high estimate for this historic piece is $6,000.
To participate in the Oct. 9-10 auction event, you must register in advance. Live Internet bidding is available through www.liveauctioneers.com. Live, on-site bidding will commence at 9 a.m. PT each day; a buyer’s premium of 18 1/2 percent will be in effect.
Louis J. Dianni, LLC, specialists in auctions and marine art, has been serving the antiques and art community since 1980. Its business office is located at 982 Main St., Suite 175, Fishkill, NY 12524. For more information, phone 914-474 -7710, fax 845 227-6626, email Ljdmarine@aol.com or visit www.LouisJDianni.com.
MORE RESOURCES FOR ANTIQUE COLLECTORS and DEALERS
• Special discount prices on great books, digital downloads, price guides & reference books for every hobby
• Warman’s Antiques & Collectibles 2012 Price Guide
• Meet and share with other antiques collectors, dealers and auctioneers on Antique Trader’s Facebook page
• Get special discounts and breaking news alerts on Antique Trader’s Twitter feed!
• Browse (or place your own) FREE online classified ads
• Sign up for your FREE AntiqueTrader.com email newsletters
• For more trade news, auction reports, research and expert columnists, get 26 issues of Antique Trader magazine for the special online price of just $26!