NEWMAN GROVE, Neb. — Beginning at 10 a.m. Oct. 8, the Community Center, downtown Newman Grove, Neb., will be the site of a one-day estate-auction event clearing the collections of Ron Wiese and the late Jackie Wiese. Fowlkes Realty & Auction of Newman Grove, Neb., is administering the sale.
Pottery selections from the partial auction bill include a Red Wing 6-gallon salt glaze water cooler with front stamp and reinforced spigot (with a light crack on the back side of the cooler), a Clay City pitcher, several pieces of stoneware, crocks, a butter churn and jar.
A partial list of the furniture selections include an oak roll-front kitchen cupboard with enamel top, an oak drop-front bookcase secretary, an oak rocker, oak wardrobe and highboy chest of drawers, parlor tables, church pews and additional kitchen cupboards.
Glass offerings include a Fenton bride’s basket, a cranberry leaded crystal basket, depression-era glass and nesting bowls.
A floor-model radio, a Maytag wringer washer, a wood/coal combination cook stove, a wicker baby buggy, a lard press, a railroad jack, and a horse harness illustrate the diversity of the estate auction offerings.
Also of interest are several trunks, both wardrobe-style and “camel-back,” needle-worked doilies and linens, many figurines and picture frames.
MORE RESOURCES FOR ANTIQUE COLLECTORS and DEALERS
• Special discount prices on great books, digital downloads, price guides & reference books for every hobby
• Warman’s Antiques & Collectibles 2012 Price Guide
• Meet and share with other antiques collectors, dealers and auctioneers on Antique Trader’s Facebook page
• Get special discounts and breaking news alerts on Antique Trader’s Twitter feed!
• Browse (or place your own) FREE online classified ads
• Sign up for your FREE AntiqueTrader.com email newsletters
• For more trade news, auction reports, research and expert columnists, get 26 issues of Antique Trader magazine for the special online price of just $26!