This week, Worthpoint announced the number of paid subscribers has topped 10,000, a major milestone in the company’s newly relaunched business plan. The site was started in 2007 by collector/dealer/business guru Will Seippel. In 2008, the company purchased GoAntiques.com, one of the first antiques and collectibles buy/sell sites on the web.
“It’s quite a benchmark and we feel fortunate to have achieved it in a relatively short time,” Seippel said in a release. “We totally revamped and re-launched the business in spring of last year, so achieving the 10,000 subscriber benchmark this quickly demonstrates we are providing solid value. However, we are just getting started. Over the coming months we will make many key additions that we believe will make WorthPoint a virtually indispensible tool set for anyone involved in art, antiques and collectibles.”
The upcoming additions include the following:
· An expanded price guide, Worthopedia, from 67 million items to more than 100 million items – aggregated from eBay, antique auction houses and online antique malls.
· Search functionality enhancements pinpointing items by specific categories, price ranges, sale dates and other criteria
· Community forums providing both free and paid members with access to expert opinion and debates regarding topical issues
· Native iPhone®/iPad applications
-posted by Eric
• Join the Antique Trader Ning network: Antiques, collectibles, irresistible objects and the community that loves them.
Visit the Antique Trader website and
sign up for our FREE twice-weekly eNewsletter.
up-to-date pricing for tens of thousands of antiques & collectibles
on Collect.com – FREE for 1 year – when you join the Collecting Insider Club!
• And browse the Antique Trader classified ads or place
your own online ad – FREE