DENVER, Pa. – Noted art dealer Patrick Orbe has joined Morphy Auctions’ team of experts as special consultant to the company’s Fine Art department. In his new position with Morphy’s, Orbe will oversee all fine art consignments, assessing and cataloging works for authenticity, attribution, condition and value. Additionally, he will manage all consignor and buyer relationships that pertain to fine art entrusted to Morphy’s.
Based in Bergen County, New Jersey, Orbe has been an established art dealer in the New York metro area for the past 23 years, advising and selling mostly to a private clientele. He operates his business by appointment only from a gallery space in Manhattan’s Upper East Side. His educational credentials include continuing scholarship at The Art Students League of New York, Pratt Phoenix School of Design, NYU School of Continuing Education, and Bergen Community College (N.J.).
Orbe’s métier is American and European art of the 19th and 20th centuries, with a particular expertise in Hudson River school, modern period, contemporary and French academic paintings. Orbe also works with living artists who are launching or developing their careers. His stellar network of contacts in the trade includes a number of prestigious galleries.
“We are especially pleased that Patrick has joined our team of experts,” said Morphy Auctions CEO Dan Morphy. “His knowledge and connections will enable us to build a strong Fine Art department, an aspect of our business that is going to become increasingly important to us.”
Orbe’s initial consultancy work for Morphy’s will be in preparation for a Feb. 8-9, 2013 Fine Art and General Antiques auction. The sale features 19th and early 20th-century paintings as well as select individual consignments.
To contact Patrick Orbe, call 717-335-3435 or e-mail email@example.com. Visit Morphy Auctions online at www.morphyauctions.com.
MORE RESOURCES FOR ANTIQUE COLLECTORS and DEALERS
• Special discount prices on great books, digital downloads, price guides & reference books for every hobby
• Antique Trader Antiques & Collectibles
Price Guide 2013 —>
• Meet and share with other antiques collectors, dealers and auctioneers on Antique Trader’s Facebook page
• Get special discounts and breaking news alerts on Antique Trader’s Twitter feed!
• Browse (or place your own) FREE online classified ads
• Sign up for your FREE AntiqueTrader.com email newsletters
• For more trade news, auction reports, research and expert columnists, get 26 issues of Antique Trader magazine for just $26!