OMAHA, Neb. – Proxibid, the world’s largest real auction marketplace, will be the exclusive online provider of Midnight Sun Antiques Co.’s sale of a phenomenal collection of antiques, antiquities, jewelry and collectibles from around the world on Saturday, August 13 at Noon Pacific. To register, to view the extensive catalog and to place pre-bids, visit Midnight Sun Auction’s bidding page.
This auction is incredibly unique, with ancient and immensely valuable items. These treasures include three breathtaking pieces of antiquity that were displayed in the New York Metropolitan Museum of Art’s Egyptian Jewel Room for more than 25 years. Two necklaces, dating back to the Armana Period 1130 B.C., were crafted during the New Kingdom, which was a time when art and design was at its height. Colors were vibrant, which can be seen in the reds, yellow and greens used in the glazed composition pendants on two of the three necklaces up for auction. The third necklace is a beautiful example of an amulet necklace with the female protector, Bastet.
Auction highlights include:
- Lot 49: Ancient Egyptian Grape Necklace New Kingdom- Superb Egyptian glazed composition grape necklace, consisting of 12 grape clusters, 10 leaves and 1 small green petal.
- Lot 100: 19th Century Japanese Sagamono- an early to mid-19th Century Sagamono with 4-part gold lacquered inro with a different scene of studious traditional Japanese men and women on each side of inro, along with Japanese calligraphyand superb flat circular carved ivory netsuke.
- Lot 102: Ancient Egyptian Amulet Necklace- New Kingdom (1600-1100 BC) with an impressive blue faience amulet of Bastet, the female cat goddess.
- Lot 103: Vintage Lucien Piccard 14 Karat and Diamond Watch- Beautiful vintage lady’s wristwatch, 14kt white gold case and band set with diamonds encircling face.
- Lot 175: Remarkable Chinese Ivory Carved Figural Group- Tremendous antique carved ivory figural groups depicting children with one child chasing a pig and other children appearing over wall. Incredibly intricate with phenomenal workmanship.
Midnight Sun’s auction doesn’t end there. A precious collection of antique dolls for collectors including Schoenhut& German dolls, as well as Stickley Bros. furniture, a tremendous Italian antique figural clock, and Art Glass from the 1920’s will cross the block during this live auction webcast.
“This auction hosts a variety of exquisite antiquities, jewelry and collectibles, some dating back thousands of years,” says Jacky Lee, of Midnight Sun Antique Auction Co. “We are thrilled to offer this opportunity to bid on pieces from throughout the world to our global bidders.”
For more information or to register to bid in this live online auction, visit www.proxibid.com/MidnightSunAuction.
MORE RESOURCES FOR ANTIQUE COLLECTORS and DEALERS