It’s time to announce the return of the Antique Trader Favorite Finds contest.
This year marks the eighth year Antique Trader has held a contest showcasing stories written by you, the Antique Trader community, about cherished objects found and nostalgic treasures adored. This year we’re returning to the original focus of this contest: Favorite Finds. For the past couple of years we’ve taken a decidedly nostalgic approach with the requested criteria of story submissions. Now we’ll return to the theme where it all began.
Since launching this contest back in 2009, Antique Trader has received nearly 500 story submissions. That’s a lot of ‘Favorite Finds’ and ‘Nostalgic Treasures.’ These stories cover the spectrum of collecting interests, uncommon discoveries and objects near and dear to your heart. They’ve been stories about heirlooms inherited and cherished. And treasures found while picking that were flipped for a decent or less than decent price. Let’s not forget objects that are too unusual for words but for some reason always have a place in your home. There are also items found in trunks, attics, jackets, basements, cars, shops and markets.
As we’ve discovered over the years, every object has a story and every story has meaning.
About the Favorite Finds Contest
If you’ve been part of the Antique Trader community for a while you are familiar with this contest, and if you are new to the community here are a couple key points.
• The premise is pretty simple: Share the story behind the item that is among your favorite finds. Feel free to include high-resolution photographs to accompany your story submission.
• Submit your story before midnight September 30, 2018 to be eligible for inclusion in the contest and to have your story published in the annual Favorite Finds issue of Antique Trader (Nov. 9, 2018).
• All entrants – subscribers and non-subscribers alike – will receive a complimentary commemorative copy of the 2018 Antique Trader Favorite Finds issue. (i.e., subscribers will receive a copy in addition to their subscription to keep or share).
• Entrants submitting eligible stories will have a chance to win cool prizes. (Watch page 5 of future issues of Antique Trader to learn more about the prizes in this year’s contest.) We’re presently in the process of creating the prize packages. However, we can tell you a $150 shopping gift certificate to Ruby Lane is among the prizes. (Full contest rules will be published soon in print and online.)
• Story entries can be submitted two ways: By email to ATNews@fwmedia.com (please include 2018 Favorite Finds Contest Entry in the subject line); by mail, send to:
Antique Trader 2018 Favorite Finds
5225 Joerns Dr., Suite 2
Stevens Point, WI 54481.
Finally, have fun recalling the memories associated with your Favorite Find. And be sure to submit your story before midnight on September 30, 2018.
We look forward to receiving the story of your ‘Favorite Find.’