CHICAGO – The Merchandise Mart International Fall Antiques Fair announces an new component to the fall event – Emporium – scheduled to take place Oct. 1-4.
Emporium, an eclectic mix of urban antiques, will showcase a unique pavilion of hip and unusual finds from dealers specializing in 19th and 20th century styles. All items will be priced from $50 to $5,000.
“Shopping the Emporium pavilion is an incredible opportunity for novice collectors to entrée into a lifetime of acquiring unique and unexpected finds that speak to them,” said Jennifer Woolford, senior vice president, MMPI consumer shows. “Emporium responds to the growing trend of surrounding yourself with items with greater meaning, value and character,” said Woolford.
Broadway Antique Market specializes in Art Deco pieces from the 1930s to mid-century pieces from the 1970s. About the current trend in collecting, Nelson said “People are mixing everything – from folk art to pieces from the ‘30s on up. A lot of people are going toward a certain look instead of the name of a designer.”
The Merchandise Mart International Antiques Fair will run as a part of the “Four Days of Fabulous” weekend, where one can find everything to inspire exciting changes in your home’s design:
• Meet the world’s top antiques dealers
• Explore an eclectic mix of the cool and unusual at Emporium
• Be inspired by DreamHome: 10 dream rooms filled with fresh ideas
• See the latest trends and products featured in 30 premier kitchen and bath boutiques at the LuxeHome Open House.
In addition to Emporium, The Antiques Fair will offer collectors of all kinds premier events, including:
• Antiques Fair keynote address by Leigh and Leslie Keno, 10 a.m. on Oct. 1. Tickets are free. Attendees must RSVP at www.merchandisemartantiques.com. Presented by Traditional Home magazine.
• VIP events, including a tour of Frank Lloyd Wright’s Robie House, celebrating its centennial anniversary in 2010.
The Merchandise Mart International Antiques Fair, one of the premier antiques shows in the Midwest, returns to The Merchandise Mart, Chicago, with more than 100 top dealers of antiques and fine art. Tickets are $15 each and will be available on site during show hours. Online ticket sales for The Antiques Fair are available at www.merchandisemartantiques.com. ?
•Brimfield 2010: Shows toast strongest opener
• Blockbuster antiques week in Round Top
• And a good time was had by all at the Randolph Street Market Antique Trader Appraisal Fair
• Puchsteins purchase Burton, Ohio, antiques show
MORE RESOURCES FOR ANTIQUE COLLECTORS and DEALERS