HIGHWOOD, Ill. — Real life picker Frederick Klass Jr. is heading to the inaugural Highwood Street Market June 26-27, bringing the fruits of his labor and sharing a bit about the reality of “picking.”
Where’s a good place to pick? We asked Klass. Most antique pickers visit shops and malls as well as private homes, said Klass, owner of Highwood Market Dealer Industrial Evolution, Retail markets like Randolph Street Market and Highwood Street Market, he says, are also a good bet.
About Highwood Street Market
Located in the town of Highwood, Ill., the inaugural Highwood Street Market will be held June 26-27. Hours are noon to dusk on Saturday and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Sunday. Tickets are available for $8 in advance at http://www.randolphstreetmarket.com/highwoodstreetmarket/ of $10 at the door.
You might also enjoy:
• Antique Trader readers discuss American Pickers
• Readers weigh in on American Pickers – part 2
• Is the public ready to watch how the antiques business really works
• American Pickers’ Mike Wolfe speaks on industrial antiques
• Viewers shouldn’t expect Pickers to be fair
• On Pawn Stars it’s all business
• Antique Trader interviews Pawn Stars’ Rick Harrison
MORE RESOURCES FOR ANTIQUE COLLECTORS and DEALERS