Coming up Oct. 18-19, Julien’s Auctions will be holding an auction benefiting the Bob and Dolores Hope Charitable Foundation, selling collector and museum quality items from the life, career and estate of the legendary Bob Hope.
The auction will be televised live from the Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills, Calif.
Highlights in this historical auction from the life and career of Mr Hope include:
• A one-page letter dated October 23, 1943 from Bette Davis to Mr. Hope
• A red and white feathered Indian headdress worn by Mr. Hope on the cover of Life Magazine on May 11, 1962
• A Movado watch inscribed “To Bob Hope in sincere appreciation – The Cleveland Press Christmas Show 1944”
• A turquoise western suit made by Nudies of North Hollywood, worn by Mr. Hope on several television shows including Barbara Mandress, Mandrell Sisters Show and Ann-Margaret Rhinestone Special.
• The contents of his Burbank office that he used for over 50 years.
Highlights from Mr. Hope’s golf colleciton include:
• A complete set of golf clubs from various makers
• His Dunlop Bogie Buster golf bag
• A Tiffany and Company sterling silver golf club given to Mr. Hope for his 95th birthday by NBC
• 24K golf plated golf tees; two Chrysler Classic ball markers bearing Mr. Hope’s image
• A white, pink and blue striped golf shirt; Izod cardigan sweater; a red sports jacket made by Arthur Cross
Auction preview, open to the public, Oct. 13-17, 10 a.m.-6 p.m. daily
For more information, visit juliensauctions.com