MANHEIM, Pa. — A fine collection of more than 600 lots of Shelley fine English bone china for the is being offered Feb. 26, by Conestoga Auctions. The collection is from the estate of J. Harlan Miller, formerly of the National Shelley Collectors Club.
The variety of patterns offered include Dainty Blue, Dainty Pink, Maytime, Wild Flower, Thistle, Charm, Stocks, Shamrock, Bramble, My Garden, Ashbourne, Balloon Tree and Rose Pansy Forget Me Not.
Highlights include a rare Green Paisley Chintz pattern miniature cup and saucer, a Kookaburras scalloped-edge plate, a Crocus-pattern, floral-handled teapot, a Blackberry pattern miniature cup and saucer, a Nairobi pattern fish cup and saucer, Art Deco chamber candle dishes, a citrus juicer, toast stands and patterns representing the history of the brand, including Foley and Wileman & Co.
Conestoga Auction Company, 768 Graystone Road, Manheim, PA.
More from Antique Trader
- Transferware china: Blue Willow is just the beginning
- Presidential china patterns chosen by first ladies
- Garage sale shopper’s $50 find now the pride of her china cupboard
- Antique Nightlite Tea pots: Did Napoleon need a nightlight?
Antique Trader Pottery & Porcelain Ceramics Price Guide
Bringing together the knowledge of leading pottery and porcelain experts, Antique Trader Pottery & Porcelain¬ Ceramics Price Guide covers, in detail, all the major collecting categories of American, English, European and Asian ceramics from the 18th century through the late 20th century. More than 10,200 individual listings are highlighted by over 4,300 full color photos. Other special features include:
- Illustrated guidelines to ceramic shapes
- An introductory feature on collecting ceramics and a glossary of terms
- Special appendices for clubs & associations, museums & libraries, pottery and porcelain marks, an illustrated guide to English registry marks, and an illustrated listing of factory and designer markings on ceramics.
Get your whopping 768-page book at Shop.Collect.com
MORE RESOURCES FOR ANTIQUE COLLECTORS and DEALERS