SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. – Scottsdale-based J. Levine Auction & Appraisal, is teaming up with its sister auction house, Glendale-based EJ’s Auction & Consignment, to auction off a major collection that is gaining international attention.
The Steve Paley Americana Collection will be auctioned Thursday and Friday, February 25-26 at J. Levine Auction & Appraisal in Scottsdale, 10345 N. Scottsdale Rd., and again on Saturday, February 27 in Glendale at EJ’s Auction & Consignment, 5880 W. Bell Road.
The massive collection of rare antiques dating from the 1800s to the 1960s features hundreds of items, including scarce UMC, Remington Kleanbore, Winchester and Peters die-cuts, noteworthy bronze sculptures, antique slot machines and more. A portion of proceeds from the Paley collection sale will benefit the Wounded Warrior Project. Also in the J. Levine auction, but not part of the Paley estate, is a Tiffany Studios Wisteria Table Lamp circa 1906 that is estimated to be worth between $400,000 and $600,000.
As part of J. Levine’s new three-day monthly auctions, the Scottsdale auction house also will be open on Saturday, February 27 to auction more than 200 inkwells, jewelry and more.
Both auction houses will include items from multiple estates, including an extensive firearms collection, fine art, silver, and other collectibles.
“Steve Paley is a well-known name among serious collectors worldwide,” Josh Levine, auctioneer and co-owner of J. Levine Auction & Appraisal and EJ’s Auction & Consignment, said. “It’s a true honor to represent his estate.”
Erik Hoyer, auctioneer and co-owner of both auction houses, said a collection of this caliber rarely comes to market. “You may never see these items again, that’s how incredibly scarce many of them are,” Hoyer said.
The public can bid live, online, or via phone.
Items expected to cause a bidding frenzy during the three days at both auction houses are:
At J. Levine Auction & Appraisal in Scottsdale:
• 1906 Tiffany Studios Wisteria Table Lamp ($400,000 to $600,000).
• Extremely Rare Peters Ammunition Winchester Calendar (Die-cut) ($5,000 to $10,000)
• 1917 Peters Ammunition Winchester Calendar ($5,000 to $10,000)
• Watling Rol-A-Top Twin Jackpot 5 Slot Machine, circa 1930s ($4,000 to $6,000)
• Carl Kauba (1865-1922) “Indian Attack” Bronze ($8,000-$12,000)
At EJ’s Auction & Consignment in Glendale:
• 1963 Beechcraft Debonair Airplane ($40,000 to $60,000)
• L. Rude Roulette table, 20th century ($1,500 to $3,000)
• Rare “Collier Shot Tower Company” Glass Advertising Display ($500 and $1,000)
• Union Metallic Cartridge Co. Advertising 1898 Calendar ($800-$1,200)
• 1917 DuPont Tin Calendar ($500 and $700)
For details about the three-day auction at J. Levine in Scottsdale, visit www.jlevines.com or call (480) 496-2212. For details about the Saturday auctions at EJ’s in Glendale, visit www.ejsauction.com or call(623) 878-2003.