Cake Cover, metal, yellow lid with apple design. Same pattern was used on canister sets, flour sifters, etc., 1940s-1950s. $22-$25. Courtesy Antique Trader Antiques & Collectibles 2012 Price Guide
The diverse area of kitchenware/household objects offers a world of collecting opportunities. Your interests may lead you to antique rarities more than 100 years old or to items of more recent manufacture. Any and all territory should be considered fair game. As with other collectibles, your primary motivation should be your individual likes and preferences.
Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer Cake and Mold Pan Set, 8 pieces, copyright 1939, Robert L. May, boxed, 1950s, Bake King, Chicago Metallic Mfg. Co., Chicago. $45-$55
There is a great deal of interest in kitchenware and related items from 35 to 60 years old; these objects rekindle old memories and represent a different, less-complicated era for many.
The items here represent a broad spectrum of kitchen items and cooking activities. These include just about every task you would want to try to master in your kitchen of yesteryear.
There are gadgets of all types and all sorts of accessories, sets, holders, and miscellaneous gizmos. Most of the items are non-electrical and small in scale.
Tater Baker, metal with plastic handle, “Bakes potatoes, warms buns and leftovers on top of stove,” boxed, 1950, The Everedy Co., Frederick, Maryland. $25-$28
Antique Trader Antiques & Collectibles 2012 Price Guide, available at krausebooks.com.
Learn more about the Antique Trader Antiques & Collectibles 2012 Price Guide, where you can see these and many more examples of vintage kitchen collectibles, as well as thousands of general antiques for identification and pricing data in full color.
MORE RESOURCES FOR ANTIQUE COLLECTORS and DEALERS
• Special discount prices on great books, digital downloads, price guides & reference books for every hobby
• Warman’s Antiques & Collectibles 2012 Price Guide
• Meet and share with other antiques collectors, dealers and auctioneers on Antique Trader’s Facebook page
• Get special discounts and breaking news alerts on Antique Trader’s Twitter feed!
• Browse (or place your own) FREE online classified ads
• Sign up for your FREE AntiqueTrader.com email newsletters
• For more trade news, auction reports, research and expert columnists, get 26 issues of Antique Trader magazine for the special online price of just $26!
Deluxe Serving Tray, styrene plastic, large size in two-tone yellow and green with brown center, 1950s, Another Superlon Product, Superior Plastics, Chicago. $25-$28