OLD GREENWICH, Conn. – The Ephemera Society of America and Flamingo Eventz, LLC, announce that Ephemera 31, the 31st annual Ephemera Society of America International Paper Fair and Conference, will be held at the Hyatt Regency Hotel in Old Greenwich, Conn. March 18-20, 2011.
The fair features 80 internationally prominent ephemera dealers from across the United States, Canada, England, and Europe. Represented fields include historical documents, advertising, prints, posters, photography, books, autographs, maps, documents, World’s Fair, Civil War, comics, puzzles, political, postcards, trade cards, view cards, sheet music, TV & movie memorabilia, games and puzzles.
Undeniably the finest Ephemera Fair in North America, this year the National Valentines Collectors Association (NVCA) and the Poster Stamp Collector Club (PSCC) take the spotlight. Both groups will have dealers participating in the fair and will present exhibits, information tables, and a dinner show and tell March 18.
A number of conferences are planned such as “A Child’s View: 19th-Century Paper Theaters,” “The Ephemera of Magic” and “The Playbill, from Greece and Rome to Broadway.”
- The Poster Stamp Collectors Club meets Saturday afternoon at 4pm. Poster Stamps are stamps that were issued from 1895 to 1930 as way to promote special events, exhibits, products, and patriotic symbols.
- The National Valentine Collectors Association will display valentines of all periods. A group dinner will be held Friday evening. Contact NancyRosin@aol.com with any Valentine’s questions.
- Conservation Workshops are announced at the fair.
- Auction: March 19. Silent bids may be made from 8am-6pm with the final auction at 6:30 p.m.
9 a.m. – 4 p.m., March 18,
9-11 a.m., March 20.
Fair hours are 10 a.m.-5 p.m., March 19, 11 a.m.-4 p.m.., March 21:
Appraisals, 12:30-2 p.m. daily, March 19-20, cost: $5/item.
Interested parties may join the Ephemera Society at the fair or through its website: www.ephemerasociety.org. Membership is $50/person and members are eligible for early admission March 19 along with all the other events.
More from Antique Trader
- African American, African ephemera set world record prices in Iowa auction
- Collecting Woodstock
- Paper treasures of the home front
Warman’s Political Collectibles
Warman’s Political Collectibles opens the door to the wide world of political campaign memorabilia and economic-social ephemera in an innovative historically and photographically rich approach. Whether you’re a seasoned collector looking to expand your antiques and collectibles interests or a beginner with a curiosity of political items of the past, this is the guide to get.
The 12 chapters of this book showcase:
- Medals, “Coins”, Badges & Plaques
- Buttons, Tabs, Flashers, Symbolic Items, 1896-1964
- Textiles & Clothing
- Paper Items
- Kitchenware & Grocery Items
- Jewelry & Ladies Items
- Toys & Handmade Items
- Clocks, Lamps & Automotive Items
- Office & School Items
- Modern-era Buttons, 1968-2004
- How to Spot Fakes, Fantasies and Reproductions
Get your copy for the lowest price available only at Shop.Collect.com
MORE RESOURCES FOR ANTIQUE COLLECTORS and DEALERS