MINNEAPOLIS, MN — The Junk Bonanza returns indoors at the Del Mar Fairgrounds, 2260 Jimmy
Durante Blvd., Del Mar, Calif., on Feb. 19-20 with more finds for fans of vintage, antiques, architectural salvage, artisan-repurposed and handmade goods.
Midwestern shoppers have long-revered the Bonanza for its artful staging of castoff and patina-rich one-of-a-kinds. Each twice-yearly Minneapolis show draws vendors and more than 10,000 visitors from throughout the United States for a select shopping experience. Now designers, DIY enthusiasts and those who treasure the timeworn for their homes and themselves can experience this event in California, where the Bonanza is pleased to make a second appearance. What sets this show apart? Merchandise is predominantly 40 years old or older, or created using items of that age. Juried vendors offer a carefully curated trove of furniture, decor, jewelry, textiles and apparel. A select group of makers provide handcrafted goods and artisanal foodstuffs.
Bonanza founder Ki Nassauer describes this event as “the intersection of creative, talented vendors with the mother lode of vintage goods —beautifully arrayed for those who love the thrill of the hunt, and fun!”
Among the special activities scheduled for this show:
* A meet-and-greet and magazine signings both days with Creator/Editor-in-Chief Jo Packham of Where Women Create, Where Women Cook and Where Women Create BUSINESS.
* Artisan Rita Reade of mammabellarte.com will conduct ongoing jewelry soldering demonstrations both days of the event. Additionally, the ﬁrst 50 shoppers in line each day will receive a complimentary, two-sided Junk Bonanza charm created by Reade.
* A “succulent potting bar” where attendees will ﬁnd plants and vintage containers for purchase to create a planter to take home. David and Wendy McMonigle of wmdesignhouse.com will provide ongoing potting demonstrations.
* Catch the California vibe with vintage surfing memorabilia on display by the Bonanza’s nonprofit partner, the California Surf Museum.
* “Get Lucky” $25 vendor coupon giveaways all day Saturday. Register at the show for all-day drawings for $25 coupons to be redeemed for merchandise in the booths of generous donating vendors.
The Bonanza’s Spring and Fall shows are April 21-23 and Sept. 22-24 in Minneapolis, MN. and Oct. 14-15 in Portland, OR. Admission is $10 a day, and hours are Friday, Feb. 19, 10 AM-5PM and Saturday, Feb. 20, 9 AM-5PM. For more information, visit junkbonanza.com.