PITTSFIELD, Mass. – Fontaine’s Auction Gallery has announced plans for three major sales in 2013, all to be held in the firm’s spacious showroom located at 1485 West Housatonic Street in Pittsfield. The first is a cataloged antique auction on Saturday, March 23 at 11 a.m. (EST) will be followed by an antique clock auction on April 27 and a music-related auction on Sept. 21.
Internet bidding for all three cataloged auctions will be provided by both Artfact.com and LiveAuctioneers.com. Phone and absentee bids will also be accepted. The March 23 sale will feature more than 400 lots of antique furniture, Arts & Crafts items, antique lighting, paintings, bronzes and sterling silver.
Antique lighting will feature an Austrian cold-painted bronze Arab lamp with a Middle Eastern man on a camel under a palm tree, a 20-inch Tiffany Studios Daffodil lamp shade accented in green and yellow, a Tiffany Studios hanging Acorn lamp shade with peach and gold accenting and a Handel 18-inch Jungle Bird table lamp with parrots and foliage on the shade.
Furniture items will include a walnut Renaissance Revival credenza with oval artwork inlays in each door, a Gustav Stickley drop-arm Morris chair with slat-board design and black upholstered cushion, a nicely carved walnut slant-front desk in great shape and a heavily carved R.J. Horner figural oak sideboard with cupids and inlaid mirror.
Decorative accessories will include a Joe Descomps bronze and ivory figural work titled “Throwing the Ball” and showing a blond female preparing her throw and wearing a black dress, a set of six Chateau des Tuileries Sevres portrait plates smartly housed in a cloth-lined wooden case and bronze figural group of two people (one of them on a horse) by Albert Moritz Wolf.
Additional items offered are porcelains, music boxes, art glass and cameo glass, marble statuary, jewelry and hundreds of related accessories.
Auction previews will be held on Friday, March 22, from 10 a.m.-5 p.m., and on Saturday, March 23, the date of sale, from 8 a.m. until the first gavel comes down around 11 a.m.
For more information, contact 413-448-8922 or email@example.com or visit Fontaine’s Auction Gallery.
More Related Posts from Antique Trader:
MORE RESOURCES FOR ANTIQUE DEALERS and COLLECTORS
• Special discount prices on great books, digital downloads, price guides & reference books for every hobby
• Warman’s Antiques & Collectibles 2014 Price Guide —>
• Meet and share with other antiques collectors, dealers and auctioneers on Antique Trader’s Facebook page
• Get special discounts and breaking news alerts on Antique Trader’s Twitter feed!
• Browse (or place your own) FREE online classified ads
• Sign up for your FREE AntiqueTrader.com email newsletters
• For more trade news, auction reports, research and expert columnists, get 26 issues of Antique Trader magazine for just $26!