AMESBURY, MA- John McInnis Auctioneers will be conducting an Important Antique Estates auction on New Year’s Eve Day, Monday, December 31st at 10:00 a.m. The auction will feature paintings, Americana, Asian items including a wonderful selection of early robes, porcelains, lighting, Marine, continental, clocks, textiles, quilt collection, Victoriana, silver and jewelry. Over 700 fresh estate lots will be sold with items coming from local estates on Boston’s North Shore.
Highlights include a painting by Park Sookeun (Korean 1914-1965) “Recess”, descended from a Lutheran Minister who lived in Seoul while on a humanitarian effort from 1954 to 1959 This painting has been consigned from a family member and has never been out of the family since it was acquired in the 1950’s and carries an estimate of $200.000-$400,000.
Additional highlights include an:
- 18th Century North Shore Period bonnet top highboy
- Three-stone diamond ring, D,VVS1, 4.42 ct twt
- Fire bucket descended from the Noyes Family, Newburyport, MA
- Very rare gold mourning locket containing hair of President Abraham Lincoln
- 19th Century Herbarium with sample plant forms from around the world
- Early silver gilt Reliquary holding the “True Cross of Jesus”
- Paintings by artist’s such as: S.F.M. Badger, C. Myron Clark, George L. Noyes, Daubigny, Harry Smith, Henricks A. Hallett, and Andy Warhol prints
To view an on-line auction catalog and for more information, please visit mcinnisauctions.com.