WOODBURY, Conn. – A fine Asian gilt bronze figure of Tara, in addition to an Asian gilt bronze seated water buffalo are among the principal highlights of the Annual Holiday Fine Estates Auction, slated for Dec. 8 at Schwenke’s Woodbury Auction. This fine art sale will be held at the firm’s auction hall at Middle Quarter Plaza, in Woodbury.
The more than 500 lots in this sale mostly feature fine and decorative arts from the
collection of a family member of Edmund A. Tarbell, a noted American impressionist painter.
Other Asian decorative arts lots include several assorted jade pieces, including a fine carved boulder jade piece on stand, and several carved jade pendants. Asian jewelry includes a rare Chinese carved jade Guanyin figure mounted with a diamond in pendant form. Many Japanese woodblock prints are also being offered, including a rare triptych woodblock of a Geisha bathhouse.
Additional lots receiving much presale interest in this fine art auction include:
• Pair of 19th century Dutch round delft chargers with floral decoration, expected to fetch $300-$400
• Hand-painted English porcelain dessert set with 18 pieces total
• Tiffany & Co. sterling silver service for 12, circa 1891, weighing 198.5 troy ounces, and carrying a presale estimate of $10,000
• Pair of Finnish brass lamps designed by Paavo Tynell, circa 1950
• Unique pair of 1950s brass and wood tripod lamps with brass and caged wood central column on a bulbous body
• Rare Max Ernst (German 1891-1976) “Figure” lithograph proof print
• Several pieces of fine jewelry including an 18K gold eight loop puzzle ring
• Large selection of fine oriental carpets including two Shirvan rugs
The catalog for the sale is viewable at www.woodburyauction.com. Absentee and phone bidding are available for this live gallery auction, and the sale will be conducted with live internet bidding on Live Auctioneers. To register or arrange for absentee or phone bidding through the gallery, please call Woodbury Auction at 203-266-0323.
More Related Posts from Antique Trader: