LOS ANGELES—Los Angeles Modern Auctions (LAMA), L.A.’s premier auction house of Modern Art & Design, will hold its next auction Sunday, June 29 at the Pacific Design Center. The auction is scheduled to begin at noon.
Featuring 500 lots of paintings, prints, sculpture, furniture and other decorative objects from 1920 to the present, the auction promises to showcase an extraordinary collection of work from the world’s most renowned Modern artists and architects.
The auction’s top examples include:
• Fine Art by Andy Warhol, Ed Ruscha, Ed Kienholz, and Sam Francis. Ranging from $1,500 to $60,000
• Warhol’s “Mao” print. Presale estimate $40,000-$60,000
• Ed Kienholz “H.I.D. 6” unique work. Presale estimate $8,000-$10,000
• Sam Francis “Pasadena Box” complete suite. Presale estimate $18,000-$25,000
• Large selection of Architectural Pottery and other Studio Ceramics from David Cressey, Rudy Autio, Peter Voulkos, Otto & Vivika Heino, and Beatrice Wood. Ranging from $800 to $18,000.
• David Cressey “Earthcells” planter. Presale estimate $5,000-$7,000
• Rudy Autio unique ceramic vessel. Presale estimate $16,000-$18,000
• Large selection of Danish Modern furniture including Hans Wegner, Nanna Ditzel and Arne Jacobsen. Ranging from $3,000 to $40,000
• Hans Wegner “Hammock” chair. Presale estimate $10,000-$15,000
• Nanna Ditzel “Hanging Chair.” Presale estimate $3,000-5,000
The auction officially begins June 29 at 12pm, with a preview running June 25-28, 10am-6pm.
LAMA, celebrating its 15th anniversary, is planning three sales in 2008, and produces a full color catalog with descriptions of each item for auction. The last auction was February 2008, which had sales totaling $1.7 million — a record for LAMA.
For more information call or email Shannon Loughrey at 323-904-1950 or Shannon@LAModern.com.