TROY, Mich. – Judy Frankel, owner of Judy Frankel Antiques Centre of Troy has earned a reputation locally and nationally for offering an eclectic mix of antiques and quality service at a fair price. Specializing in French, Belgian and English antiques, Frankel understands her clientele and caters to their needs, as both antiques dealer and designer.
The Troy-based gallery will unveil the new Bespoke Collection, Frankel’s own line of European handcrafted, custom furniture inspired by both mid-century and the art deco movement. She began designing as a way to fill the need for transitional pieces she could not find in the antique world. Her pieces are so authentic 1930s, the collection has caught the eye of filmmakers.
In the burgeoning film business across Michigan, the Judy Frankel Antiques Centre of Troy rented out more than 200 of its pieces for use in such movies as Clint Eastwood’s much-heralded “Gran Torino” and Wes Craven’s upcoming “Scream 4.”
The new space includes new architectural elements, flooring and an expanded selection of antiques from which designers, collectors and film set decorators can choose.
Learn how other dealers are succeeding in the prop rental business:
More from Antique Trader
- Q & A with Cari Cucksey, star of HGTV’s ‘Cash & Cari’
- On Pawn Stars it’s all business
- American Pickers: Is the public ready to watch how the antiques business really works?
- Antique Trader readers discuss American Pickers
- Talking industrial style with American Pickers’ Mike Wolfe
- Young collectors are drawn to urban industrial style
MORE RESOURCES FOR ANTIQUE COLLECTORS and DEALERS