PADUCAH, Ky. – The only international organization of professional certified quilt appraisers turns 20 years old in April. Members of the Professional Association of Appraisers-Quilted Textiles (PAAQT) and guests will gather April 28 at the National Quilt Museum in Paducah, Ky., to celebrate the 20th anniversary. The evening celebration will take place on the last day of the 2012 AQS Show in Paducah.
“PAAQT (pronounced “pact”) members have carved a niche in the profession of appraising and raised awareness of quilts and quilted textiles as valued personal property,” says Neva Hart, the current president of PAAQT. “Our members appraise at major quilt shows in the U.S. and Canada, and provide educational programs to help the public understand quilts, quilt care and quilt history. PAAQT members are skilled at appraising both antique and new quilts and provide a professional and needed service for quilt owners and makers.”
PAAQT will be celebrating their anniversary at the National Quilt Museum to emphasize that all quilts have value, that today’s quilts are tomorrow’s heirlooms. The museum, open all year, showcases both antique and contemporary quilts.
Founded in 1992 by a small group of graduates of the American Quilter’s Society Appraiser Certification Program, PAAQT was formed to provide continuing education and a network for personal property appraisers who specialize in quilted textiles. PAAQT members include recognized authors of books and patterns, museum administrators and curators, quiltmaking teachers and show judges, quilt historians and experts in specific quilt styles.
More Related Posts from Antique Trader:
MORE RESOURCES FOR ANTIQUE COLLECTORS and DEALERS
• Special discount prices on great books, digital downloads, price guides & reference books for every hobby
• Warman’s Antiques & Collectibles 2013 Price Guide
• Meet and share with other antiques collectors, dealers and auctioneers on Antique Trader’s Facebook page
• Get special discounts and breaking news alerts on Antique Trader’s Twitter feed!
• Browse (or place your own) FREE online classified ads
• Sign up for your FREE AntiqueTrader.com email newsletters
• For more trade news, auction reports, research and expert columnists, get 26 issues of Antique Trader magazine for just $26!