With 70 years of experience in bringing rare books and manuscripts to auction, Swann Galleries is adding semiannual sales of select fountain pens from the early 20th century through the present.
The sales, which start this fall, will feature limited edition and luxury pens from the most respected manufacturers as well as historical rarities.
The new fine and vintage writing instruments division will be lead by Rick Propas and coordinated by Marco Tomaschett.
Resources for collecting vintage pens and writing instruments
- Vintage pens and writing equipment
- Private fine pen collection leads New York Auction
- Sir Winston Churchill vintage Montblanc fountain pen brings $24,400
- The Montblanc Sale of the Century sees new record prices set
- Get the Book: Complete Guide to Turning Pens & Pencils: Techniques and Projects for Turners of All Levels