Exciting news … especially when we just went to print yesterday with a front-page feature on collecting Native American artifacts … Score one for the good guys!
From the LA Times:
24 charged in crackdown on Native American artifact looting
Reporting from Washington and Denver — Striking at a longtime practice
in the Four Corners area, federal authorities Wednesday unsealed
indictments against 24 people in what they called the largest
investigation ever into the looting of Native American artifacts on
This is an area of collecting where extreme caution must be exercised. There are only a handful of auction houses in the U.S. that handle reputable Native American artifacts (they’re listed in the Antique Trader feature on collecting in this area).
BTW: You can read the article on collecting Native American artifacts here: Collecting North American Indian artifacts
— Posted by Karen Knapstein
• If you really like what you see, get your own subscription to Antique Trader HERE.
• Learn more about Antique Trader HERE.
• Reference books available about your favorite collectibles HERE
• Antique Trader message boards HERE.
• Browse the Antique Trader Classifieds or place your free online ads HERE.
• Find us on Twitter HERE.