Another mystery machine

at0721-mystery_machine_what is it 002.jpg
One Antique Trader reader writes:

I found this item in Delaware in a thrift shop. The handle acts like a lever/press of sorts. The roller moves back and forth across the black surface. What is it? Thank you,
— M.L., Washingtonville, N.Y.

My first guess would be that this was used to hold pretty paper for wrapping Christmas presents at a department store.

If any of our readers know what this is, please send your response to

at0721-what is it 001.jpg
A selection of responses will be published in an upcoming issue.

 — Eric


• Find us on Twitter and Facebook

Visit the Antique Trader website and
sign up for our FREE eNewsletter.
• Browse hundreds of collectibles reference
 in our store.

Need pricing data? Check out Warman’s Antiques
& Collectibles 2011 Price Guide
• And browse the Antique Trader Classifieds or place
your own online ad – FREE