A 22-inch leaded glass lamp from the studio of Joseph Porcelli was one of the top selling lots during the second day of James D. Julia’s June 24th, 2011 lamp and glass auction in Fairfield, Maine.
The lamp has a domical shade and carries an all-over design of a variety of orchid blooms in a wide range of colors ranging from red-orange to pink, white and burnished yellow, and rests on a vase shaped decorated base. Both shade and base are finished in a brownish-green patina.
The Porcelli Orchid, the fourth lamp from the studio to be sold by Julia’s since 2009, shared the top lot list with a Wedgwood Fairyland Lustre Malfrey Pot that sold for $33,925.00 and a Dale Chihuly Macchia vase that sold for $16,100.00. The Porcelli Orchid lamp also sold for a final price of $16,100.00, besting its highest estimate.
More from Antique Trader
- Porcelli floral bouquet lamp headlines Nov. 8 sale in California
- Porcelli leaded lamp doubles estimate
Tiffany Lamps and Metalware
“Tiffany Lamps and Metalware” is the ultimate pictorial reference work for both enthusiasts and collectors of Tiffany.
Each of the 2,000 items included is cross-referenced in the index, enabling the reader to determine the firm’s original model numbers and descriptions for practically all of its items.
-posted by Eric
•Find us on Twitter and Facebook
• Visit the Antique Trader Website
and sign up for our FREE eNewsletter.
• Browse hundreds of collectibles reference books in our store.
• Need pricing data? Check out the BRAND NEW Warman’s
Antiques & Collectibles 2012 Price Guide.
• And browse the Antique Trader Classifieds or place your own online ad – FREE!