EL SEGUNDO, Calif. – Premiere Props will auction more than a thousand Hollywood costumes and props this weekend – including several from films that have been nominated for Academy Awards including Silver Linings Playbook, Django Unchained, The Godfather, Inglorious Basterds, Mary Poppins, True Grit and Cast Away at their Hollywood
I don’t know about you, but I think this sure sounds like a fantastic adventure into the magical world of Hollywood’s best and most often forgotten supporting cast – props. It’s finally their time in the limelight – and instead of bunking at some sound studio or film lot, their new homes will be with people who cherish them for their awesomeness! Ok, maybe that’s a little dramatic, but we are talking Hollywood here.
In any event, this ultra cool event (The Hollywood Extravaganza IX) promises to be something special. How could it not be when you have items used or worn by the likes of Russell Crowe, Brad Pitt, Hilary Swank, Kathy Bates, Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence, among others?
The Hollywood Extravaganza IX will take place on Saturday, March 2 ,and Sunday, March 3, at Premiere Props’ headquarters in El Segundo, beginning at 11 a.m. PT, with a preview from 9-11 a.m. PT each day.
- DJANGO UNCHAINED – items include several of the pistols used by Jamie Foxx.
- 3:10 TO YUMA – Russell Crowe’s “Hand of God” Colt Single Action Army 4 ¾” live-fire .45
- SILVER LININGS PLAYBOOK – items including Bradley Cooper’s running costume; costumes from Jennifer Lawrence and the copy of A Farewell to Arms that Bradley Cooper throws out his parent’s window.
- THE GODFATHER – screen used accordion in the Las Vegas scene.
- INGLORIOUS BASTERDS – screen used playing card
- MARY POPPINS – original production drawings.
- CAST AWAY – Tom Hanks’ sweater when he is washed ashore after the plane crash.
- TRUE GRIT – Jeff Bridges screen worn hat including his one-of-a-kind custom hat block signed by the Master Hatter
- A RIVER RUNS THROUGH IT – Brad Pitt’s khaki pants
- P.S. I LOVE YOU – Hilary Swank and Kathy Bates’ costumes
All I can say is when will you ever have the chance again to say you are able to bid on Pitt’s pants? Yeah, me either. Good news is, you can participate online – check it out.
Fans can starting bidding now, placing bids online at http://www.icollector.com/ and http://www.liveauctioneers.com or calling to set up phone bidding with a Premiere Props representative. Collectors can place proxy bids until the Hollywood Extravaganza IX Auction goes LIVE at 11am PT on March 2.
For more information, please visit http://www.premiereprops.com or http://www.hollywoodliveauctions.com or call (310) 322-PROP / (888) 761-PROP.