While reading through the March 3 galleys, I was surprised to find that Restor-A-Finish has been around for 40 years. Four decades. Wow. Just think of all the pieces this product has touched.
Notice I didn’t say “improved,” as I believe that word is subjective.
Personally, I have used Restor-A-Finish and have been very happy with the results. No, they didn’t pay me to say that. But I will disclose that the Howard Company, the maker of the product, is a frequent advertiser in Antique Trader.
But I got to thinking and wondering about the Antique Trader readers’ views of re-touching and restoring, which led to this week’s Antique Trader Question of the Week:
What are your personal views on antique restoration? Do you feel a touch-up here and there makes a piece all the better? Or should antiques be left all-original, all the time?
Send your replies to firstname.lastname@example.org or to Letters to the Editor, c/o Antique Trader, 700 E. State St., Iola, WI 54945.
• Find us on Facebook HERE.
• Visit the Antique Trader Web site HERE. Sign up for our FREE newsletters!
• If you really like what you see, get your very own subscription to Antique Trader HERE.
• Reference books available about your favorite collectibles HERE
• Antique Trader message boards HERE.
• Browse the Antique Trader Classifieds or place your FREE online ads HERE.
• Enter the Antique Trader Treasure Hunt Sweepstakes HERE.