ALAMEDA, Calif. – Michaan’s is pleased to offer in the July 5 Estate Auction over 200 lots of property from estates and private consignors, including paintings, stamps and coins, Asian art, furniture and decorative arts, rugs, fine silver and vintage and estate jewelry. The auction will take place beginning at noon at Michaan’s Main Gallery, 2751 Todd Street, Alameda, Calif.
The eclectic auction will offer a global array of works, showcasing pieces from the 17th through 20th centuries along with a selection of English, French, American, Chinese, Japanese and Russian property, including, clocks, silver by prominent makers, carvings and offerings for all collecting tastes and styles.
A selection of lots to be offered were donated to be sold as a benefit for the Creekside School for Children with Autism (www.creeksideschool.org).
Samples of highlights to be sold to the highest bidder include:
• Miro Arthur Rimbaud lithograph, estimate: $1,500-$2,000;
• Asian bronze Buddha head with wood stand, 17th/18th century, estimate: $300-$500;
• Navajo Transitional Rug, Estimate: $1,500-$2,000;
• Art Nouveau, green garnet, 14K yellow gold locket-pendant with dragon design, estimate: $300-$500;
• James C. Scott (American, 19th century) “California Seascape with Boat,” framed oil on canvas, estimate: $1,500-$2,000;
• Sheffield plate two handles tea tray, estimate: $400-$600;
• Charles Harry (Henry) Eaton (Michigan/Illinois 1850- 1901) “Lakeshore with Boats,” estimate: $1,500-$2,000;
• Three Chinese White Jade Carved Pendants, 19th Century, Estimate: $600-$800;
• Art Nouveau Enamel, 14K Yellow Gold Brooch, Estimate: $500-$700;
• Roger Arvid Anderson (California, born 1946) “Three Craters,” estimate: $800-$1,200;
• Zia Pueblo Pottery Jar, Estimate: $500-$700; (photo)
• Collection of Russian coins, 18th- 20th century, estimate: $400-$500;
• Roseville pinecone pitcher (with paper label), estimate: $300-$400;
• Charles Prosch “ Hunt with Dogs and Horses,” oil on panel, estimate: $500-$700;
• Fine Chinese blue and white porcelain wine cup, 19th/20th century, estimate: $400-$600;
• Portuguese Baroque style table with two drawers, estimate: $1,000-$1,500. (photo)
Auction previews will take place July 3-4, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and the day of the sale beginning at 9 a.m. Previews may also be made by appointment.
Images courtesy of Michaan’s Auctions.