EAST HAMPTON, N.Y. – The East Hampton Historical Society announces the speaking engagement of Charles F. Hummel, an esteemed expert on fakes, forgeries and reproductions in the realm of American decorative arts and antiques. This highly anticipated program will be held at the East Hampton Historical Society’s Clinton Academy Museum on April 21, from 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
Charles Hummel, a retired Senior Director of the Winterthur Museum and author of “With Hammer in Hand, the Dominy Craftsmen of East Hampton, New York,” returns to the East End to conduct an in-depth workshop, taking participants on an illustrated adventure dealing with famous fakes and infamous forgers while informing collectors on how they, too, can learn to be their own detectives when purchasing for their personal collections.
Get 26 issues of Antique Trader delivered
>>For just a $1 an issue!
This informative, day-long seminar will be held on April 21 from 10 a.m.-3 p.m. at the Clinton Academy Museum (151 Main St., East Hampton, N.Y.). The registration fee is $60 for members of the East Hampton Historical Society and $70 for non-members. The fee includes morning and afternoon programs and catered box lunch. All proceeds will benefit the East Hampton Historical Society. Space is limited. Call 631-324-6850 to register in advance.
More Related Posts from Antique Trader:
MORE RESOURCES FOR ANTIQUE COLLECTORS and DEALERS
• Special discount prices on great books, digital downloads, price guides & reference books for every hobby
• Warman’s Antiques & Collectibles 2013 Price Guide
• Meet and share with other antiques collectors, dealers and auctioneers on Antique Trader’s Facebook page
• Get special discounts and breaking news alerts on Antique Trader’s Twitter feed!
• Browse (or place your own) FREE online classified ads
• Sign up for your FREE AntiqueTrader.com email newsletters
• For more trade news, auction reports, research and expert columnists, get 26 issues of Antique Trader magazine for just $26!