HOLLYWOOD– Julien’s Auctions announced this week an auction of epic Hollywood proportions featuring legendary costumes, memorabilia, props and celebrity figures from a historical Hollywood museum in Belgium.
The prized Hollywood Museum collection features an exclusive selection of memorabilia and effects from some of Hollywood’s most legendary stars. From the Golden Age of Hollywood to Superman, the sale covers a remarkable history of film and television along with personal stories of the world’s most loved stars.
- a Charlie Chaplin iconic cane (Est. $20,000-$30,000),
- Charlie Chaplin film worn suit (Est. $20,000-$30,000) and a number of his own personal items including his personal drivers license (Est. $2,000-$4,000) originating from family members and the Estate of Charlie Chaplin,
- Clark Gable’s riding jacket from “Gone With The Wind” (Est. $10,000-$15,000),
- a tuxedo jacket worn by Judy Garland in “A Star Is Born” (Est. $4,000-$6,000),
- a Charlton Heston screen worn robe (Est. $30,000-$50,000) and screen worn staff (Est. $20,000-$30,000), screen used tablets from “The Ten Commandments” (Est. $40,000-$60,000),
- Marilyn Monroe pantaloons worn in “River of No Return (Est. $20,000-$30,000)
- a vintage Christian Dior gown worn by Princess Diana (Est: $10,000-$20,000).
The museum collection includes other notable items which are in the sale featuring a Catherine Walker gown designed for Princess Diana (Est. $60,000-$80,000), a signed catalogue from Princess Diana sale (Est. $4,000-$6,000), President John F. Kennedy’s Rocking Chair (Est. $50,000-$70,000), Margaret O’Brien’s red coat from “Meet Me In St. Louis” (Est. $2,000-$3,000) and Richard Gere’s hat from “An Officer and a Gentleman” (Est. $2,000-$4,000).
The museum’s massive Hollywood posters collection includes original posters from legendary films like “Casablanca” (Est. $2,000-$3,000), “Gone With the Wind” (Est. $1,000-$2,000), “Some Like it Hot” (Est. $2,000-$3,000) and many more.
Superhero memorabilia includes a Christopher Reeve Superman costume from “Superman IV: The Quest for Peace” (Est. $20,000-$30,000), a complete Batman costume on a custom display from “Batman Returns” (Est. $60,000-$80,000) and a Turbo Man costume from the Arnold Schwarzenegger holiday film “Jingle All The Way” (Est. $2,000-$4,000).
Julien’s Auctions will present the 2012 Hollywood Legends auction March 31-April 1 in Beverly Hills, Calif.
More articles and resources on entertainment memorabilia
- Harpo Marx: Collectors spending for a piece of vintage Marx Brothers magic
- Indiana Jones’ whip brings $61,000; ‘Nightmare Before Christmas’ art and props sell big
- Mickey Mouse & Monsters: Mickey poster brings $35,850, 1936 ‘Dracula’s Daughter’ movie poster realizes $14,938
- From ‘Mad Men’ to ‘Chicago,’ antiques dealers find new money in film and TV prop rentals
- Inside John Lennon’s Beatlemania