To learn more about the Antique Trader 2017 Nostalgic Treasures contest, including the complete list of prizes click here>>>
August 16, 2017 through October 6, 2017
F+W Media/Antique Trader
2017 “Nostalgic Treasures” Contest
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. OFFERED ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (“U.S.”), AGED 16 YEARS OR OLDER.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal U.S. residents who are 16 years of age or older. Employees, officers and directors of F+W Media (“Sponsor”), its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies (collectively, “Sponsor and its agents”) and immediate family members (spouses and siblings, children and parents and their spouses, regardless of where they live) or members of the same households (whether related or not) of such individuals are not eligible. Void where prohibited.
2. TO ENTER: The “Antique Trader Nostalgic Treasures” Contest (“Contest”) begins at 12:01 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on Aug. 16, 2017, and ends at 11:59 PM ET on Oct. 6, 2017. To enter, send the story of your favorite object with sentimental value to firstname.lastname@example.org [recommended subject line: Nostalgic Treasures contest entry] or mail to “Nostalgic Treasures,” C/O Antique Trader, 700 E State St., Iola, WI 54990. Each contestant will be limited to a maximum of two (2) entries. If entering more than once, submitted articles must be different. All entries must include full names and addresses and must be received prior to 11:59 PM ET Oct. 6, 2017. All entries become the property of F+W Media and may be shared with Contest Sponsors. All entries will be published in Antique Trader magazine.
3. PRIZE/ODDS OF WINNING: On or about Oct. 15, 2017, representatives of the Sponsors will judge all eligible entries and select one (1) entrant from all eligible entries received to award one (1) Grand Prize and one (1) Runner Up prize. Entries will be judged on originality, reader interest, appropriateness and clarity. The Grand Prize winner will receive a Grand Prize package of antiques and vintage collectibles and related items valued at not more than $600. The Runner Up will receive a prize package of antiques and vintage collectibles and related items valued at not more than $300. [For a detailed list of Prize Package contents, visit www.antiquetrader.com.] Odds of winning will be determined by the number of eligible entries received. No prize transfer or cash redemption permitted. No prize substitution, in whole or in part, except by Sponsor due to prize unavailability, safety or security considerations, or any other reason as solely determined by Sponsor, in which case a prize of comparable or greater value will be awarded.
Winners will be notified by phone, e-mail, postal mail or express mail at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Return of a prize notification or other documentation as undeliverable will result in disqualification and an alternate winner will be selected. Winner may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release and (where legal) a publicity release, which must be returned within the time period specified in the notification letter or an alternate winner may be selected.
4. GENERAL: Taxes on prize and all expenses related to acceptance and use of prize and not specified are the sole responsibility of winner. Winners of prizes valued at $600 or more will be issued an IRS 1099 Form for the value of the prize. By participating, entrants agree (a) to these rules and decisions of Sponsor and judges, which shall be final in all respects relating to this Contest; and (b) to release, discharge and hold harmless Sponsor and its agents from any and all injuries, liability, losses and damages of any kind resulting from their participating in the Contest or their acceptance, use or misuse of a prize including, without limitation, personal injury, death and property damage; and if a winner, (c) to permit Sponsor to use his or her name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, voice likeness and city and state address for advertising, publicity and promotional purposes in all media, including but not limited to on air and online, in perpetuity, without compensation (unless prohibited by law) and agree to execute specific consent to such use upon request. Sponsor and its agents are not responsible for and shall not be liable for: (a) electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet, computer or other technical malfunctions, failures, or difficulties of any kind, including without limitation, server malfunction or by any human error which may occur in the collection, processing and transmission of data; (b) lost, late, misdirected, illegible or incomplete entries or postage-due mail; (c) any type of graphical or other error in the advertising or printing of the Contest or in the administration of the Contest; or (d) any condition that may cause the administration, security or proper play of the Contest to be disrupted or corrupted; and in such event Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel or suspend the Contest or any portion thereof and to award the prize(s) via a random drawing from among all eligible entries legitimately received prior to cancellation. Entry information becomes property of Sponsor.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Internet entry must be made by the entrant only at the authorized Web site address. Entries may not be made by any other individual or any entity, and/or originate at any other Internet Web site or email address, including but not limited to commercial sweepstakes/contest subscription notification and/or entering service sites. Any winner who enters by any of the methods described above will be disqualified and an alternate winner selected. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an online entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the person in whose name the email account is registered at the time of entry. Potential winner may be required to provide evidence that winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry. Use of any device to automate entry is prohibited. Judge’s decisions are final and binding.
5. DISPUTE RESOLUTION/CHOICE OF LAW: Except where prohibited, by participating each entrant agrees that all issues and questions concerning these official rules shall be governed by Ohio law without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law of any jurisdiction. Entrant agrees that any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to this Contest shall be filed only in the state or federal courts located in Hamilton County in the state of Ohio, United States, and entrant hereby consents and submits to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purposes of litigating any such action. Except where prohibited, by participating in this Contest, entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with participating in this Contest but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
7. WINNERS: The winning contestants will be announced in the Antique Trader e-newsletter, will be published in Antique Trader magazine and will be posted on the Antique Trader website and social media feeds, and may be used in associated F+W Media products.
8. WINNER LIST: To receive a list of winners, please mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by Nov. 30, 2017, to: Antique Trader, Nostalgic Treasures Winner, F+W Media, 700 E. State St., Iola, WI 54990-0001.
9. PARTIAL LIST OF SPONSORS: Antique Digger, LLC, 13300 S. Cleveland Ave., Suite 56 #109, Fort Myers, FL 33907, https://antiquedigger.com/; Pendulux, 101 Richmond Ave., Point Richmond, VA 94801; Princeton Architectural Press, 37 East 7th St., New York, NY 10003; Skira Rizzoli, 300 Park Ave. S, New York, NY 10010; Heritage Auctions, 3500 Maple Ave., Dallas, TX 75219; FunkeeJunk (https://stores.ebay.com/funkeejunk/); J Display Case, Cincinnati Ohio 45252; 800-971-6276; email@example.com; F+W Media, 700 East State St., Iola, WI 54990. Additional sponsors: Devon Fine Jewelry: