WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. – Palm Beach Modern Auctions’ (PBMA) November auction of modern art, decorative art and sculpture realized $650,000.
More than 100 registered bidders were in attendance for the 300-lot Art & Sculpture
Auction, with another 442 bidders from 15 countries participating online through LiveAuctioneers, including bidders from Switzerland, Italy, France, Kuwait, Austria, Spain, Canada and Brazil, as well as the United States.
“There wasn’t a hint of weakness noticeable in any category, but sculptures put in an especially strong performance,” said PBMA co-owner Rico Baca.
Highlights of the sale (prices reflect a 20 percent buyer’s premium) include:
• Monumental Harry Bertoia sculpture, $48,800 (record for Bertoia sculpture using “spill cast” technique)
• Hisao Domoto painting, $43,920 (record for the artist)
• Jesus Rafael Soto wall sculpture, signed edition, $21,960
• Henry Moretti original sculpture, $8,540
• Original Paul Jenkins artwork, $12,200
• Pair of Wilhelm Kage “Argenta” chargers, $4,270 (artist record for this particular form)
Although not a world auction record, the $25,620 price paid for an Angel Botello painting, was a head-turner.
Bidders didn’t have to spend a fortune to acquire a quality modern or contemporary artwork, as there were some very nice editions available; including three signed “Structure” silkscreens by Larry Dinkin (first time at auction) that went for $1,830 each.
For more information, visit www.palmbeachmodernauctions.com, call 561-586-5500 or email email@example.com.